Friday, September 3, 2010

laundry painting

I have taken pastel painting classes the past two years from Linda Packard (http://www.lindapackard.blogspot.com/)at the Hammond St Senior Center in Bangor and have loved them.  Partly because of the instructor, the medium which is so colorful, but probably more than anything the because of the people in the class.  It has been so much fun to be with such a group of energic, talented, and supportive artists. We have continued to get together this summer for plein air weekly which can be followed through a blog at http://www.plein/ air thursday.blogspot.com. I generally don't do a lot on my own but did follow through with a painting I started last week .I just wasn't happy with it however I did like the content and wanted to continue to try and change the composition  and coloring somewhat.  I started to do some laundry on the line and had a hard time with the shading - I finally ended up with a darker, complentary color and really like the end result.

1 comment:

  1. I love laundry paintings. So free and colorful. Nice job with this one!

    ReplyDelete